An appeals court upheld a $3.2 million award to a woman who said she suffered permanent nerve damage after eating sushi.
The woman was awarded the judgment from a jury more than two years ago but a judge overturned the award. In the decision the 4th District Court of Appeal reversed.
The woman developed food poisoning after eating raw ahi tuna at a resturant in 2005. Her lawsuit claimed that the tuna was contaminated by bacteria from raw poultry.
The woman said was temporarily paralyzed, spent 49 days in the hospital and afterward lost much of her endurance. She used a walker for eight months, often had to use a wheelchair and had to drop out of college for 18 months to undergo treatment and therapy.
If you or a family member has been injured because of the fault of someone else; by negligence, personal injury, slip and fall, car accident, medical malpractice, trucking accident, drunk driving, bad product, toxic injury etc then please contact the Doctor Attorney Dr. Shezad Malik of Southlake, Texas. For a no obligation, free case analysis, please call 817-255-4001 or Contact Me Online.